Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Hood Internet



I recently started a new job and last week I was sitting in my training class when I started talking music with a coworker of mine named Erica. Turns out she knew a LOT about music and we bounced different bands and shows off one another, realizing quickly that we shared the same taste and had been at some of the same shows.

She told me about this group called "The Hood Internet" that mashed up a lot of rap/hip hop with mostly Indie bands. I thought the concept sounded real cool (and a bit different than someone like Girl Talk) so I checked them out this weekend. Let me tell you, I was like a kid in a candy store. Some of these mash ups are amazing and there's a ton to go through. So many cool ideas and mixes of groups, I absolutely LOVE this site.

I had actually heard the "I'm A Flirt" Mashup over a year ago when my buddy JayT found it online (LOVE IT) and sent it to me at our old job, I just never realized there was a whole vault of tracks out there that these guys had done.

You can check out their homepage HERE and the full playlist is HERE.

Here's my top 5 tracks (this could change tomorrow):

1. #25 Save Me Concubine (Ghostface Killah vs Beirut)
2. #225 I'm A Flirt (Shoreline) (R Kelly vs Broken Social Scene)
3. #40 Lump Sum Of Paris (Bon Iver vs Friendly Fires vs Aeroplane)
4. #110 Can You Hear My Kids Now (Lil Kim vs MGMT)
5. #132 Don't Stop The Fancy Footwork (Rihanna vs Chromeo)
Honorable Mention: #17 Good Ol' Fashion Rump Shaker (Beastie Boys vs Matt & Kim)

I'd love to hear your favorites so feel free to leave them in the comments section below!

No comments: