Friday, February 19, 2010

We Were Promised Jetpacks @ Bowery Ballroom 2/11/10



Last Thursday night, my buddy Chuck and I went down to the Bowery Ballroom to check out We Were Promised Jetpacks. This foursome from Scotland has played a couple shows in NYC but I hadn't been able to see them so I was real excited for this go around.

I picked their album "These Four Walls" as one of my favorites of 2009 and I think I like it more and more after every listen. The group came out and started the show with a long intro leading into "Keeping Warm" (video below). They played a set consisting of mostly songs from their album with a couple I didn't recognize mixed in about half way through. I thought they sounded real good and was impressed by their show. Highlights included "Conductor", "Roll Up Your Sleeves" and "Quiet Little Voices".

I've included some nice pictures which were passed on to me by Anne-Marie Howard. She's a really talented photographer, you can check out her site HERE (great shots of Bon Iver, Phoenix, etc.)









No comments: