Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tegan & Sara : Terminal 5 (NYC) 10/6/08

About a year ago, I traveled out to San Francisco for Neil Young's Bridge School Festival. Thanks to a friend that was playing, I was able to have all access for the whole weekend and got to meet and watch many bands, really a great experience. One of the bands I met was Tegan & Sara, twin sisters from Canada and their three other band members.....Ted (Guitar/Keyboard), Johnny (Drums) and Shaun (Bass). I was really impressed by their performance over the two days at the Shoreline Ampitheater and immediately downloaded their music when I got back home.

Tegan and Sara returned to NYC this past weekend and I got to see their show last night. Over the last year, I've stayed in touch with Shaun and he put me on the guestlist for the show, which was an awesome bonus. Terminal 5 is one of the bigger clubs in the city with a large General Admission floor and two balconies. Getting a good spot on one of the balconies is key and luckily I was able to get a great one overlooking the left side of the stage.

The band sounded great, highlights for me would be:

"Dark Come Soon"....my favorite song by the band.
"Nineteen"
"The Con"
"Where Does The Good Go"
"Umbrella" (Rihanna cover)

My buddy David and I stuck around for awhile after the show and hung with Shaun for a bit and then said a brief hello to the rest of the band. Good people, good music, good times.

Tegan & Sara will be performing on Letterman tonight so check that out if you get a minute.

PT


Photobucket

Tegan & Sara : Terminal 5 (10/6/08)

Tegan & Sara : Terminal 5 (10/6/08)

No comments: