Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Get Well Soon MCA!

If you didn't hear yesterday, Beastie Boys member Adam Yauch (MCA) is battling cancer and the group had to cancel all of their upcoming dates (including next Friday as the headliner at All Points West). I've posted the official video announcement below so you can check it out.

A quick Adam Yauch story.... about 6 months ago, I was in this store called Tekserve in NYC, right by my apartment. Adam came in with a friend and I immediately recognized him but just kind of hung back because I didn't want to bother him (and truthfully didn't know what to say other than, "big fan!"). Slowly some of the kids that worked in the store approached him, one at a time getting things signed. It was pretty cool that everyone just kind of took their time, didn't bring attention to him and just cooly went up and asked for autographs. I don't think most people in the store had any idea it was even happening. He seemed pretty accommodating and left the store shortly thereafter. I was with my brother-in-law and he didn't even realize what was going on until I pointed it out to him.

Kind of a cool, random Saturday moment in this great city. Hopefully we'll get the Boys back on stage sometime in the near future..........Get well soon Adam!!!

No comments: