Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1 Year and a Thank You.....



Today marks the 1 year anniversary of The Tremagazine, you can take a look at the very first entry HERE. When I first started this site I wasn't too sure how it would evolve. I've always had a passion for finding music, seeing shows, sharing my experiences with friends and the blog gave me a great outlet to put all of those thoughts in one place. Some of my friends started passing the site onto other people and it slowly started growing, a little bit each day. One year later, we've had about 30,000 visits from all over the globe.... throughout the US, Canada, Italy, Germany, Brazil, New Zealand, etc.

In the big scheme of things 30,000 hits isn't a ton of traffic but to me it means a whole lot. My goal every day is to hopefully post something of interest that at least one person somewhere in the world can enjoy. I try to write as someone who's a fan, instead of what you'd probably read from a "critic". I do my best to give you my honest thoughts and hopefully you've enjoyed the content and been able to discover some new music or enjoyed a particular review.

I think anyone that writes a blog would tell you that it's certainly a challenge to work a full-time job and still post every day, but I thought that it would be so important to maintain consistency and keep the content coming each and every weekday. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the feedback that people have sent me..... whether it be via comment on the site, an email, a twitter message, etc. I've read everything and it's been a huge help to me to keep the site going every day, thank you so much. Some nights when I'm most tired, I'll sit down to write without anything on my mind and I'll have an email from someone saying how much they've enjoyed an entry and that means the world to me.

I'll do my best to keep this going as long as I can. My work schedule has thrown a bit of a monkeywrench in my concert plans for the rest of the year but I'm going to get to a few more shows and provide some reviews. Thanks again for reading and if you ever have suggestions, comments, requests, etc......please drop me a line and I'll do my best to get this thing bigger and better.

Thanks and take care,

Pat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it going man!!! Great job and congrats on the 1 year anniversay.

JR

bethany said...

It's a significant achievement, and I've enjoyed so many of your selections this year, Pat. I've also enjoyed how you've sort of grown this blog from more than a song of the day, plus music information maybe two or three times a week, to having more information throughout the week.

Thank you for the great music this past year. ;o)

Steph said...

Happy Birthday TM!! You're an amazing man Pat. I'm re-addicted! Please don't stop. :)