Friday, August 13, 2010

Subway Shuffle: 8/12/10



SUBWAY SHUFFLE 8/12/10

Track #1: Arcade Fire: "Suburbs"
Track #2: Avett Brothers: "Laundry Room"
Track #3: Bloc Party: "So Here We Are"
Track #4: Lemonheads: "Hannah & Gabi"
Track #5: Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: "Christmas Song"

Thought it would be cool to write a few notes on the shuffle songs above.......

"The Suburbs" - The first track off the new Arcade Fire album, sets the tone for some great songs to follow. Love this part of the song:

So can you understand?
Why I want a daughter while I'm still young
I wanna hold her hand
And show her some beauty
Before this damage is done


"Laundry Room" - This track is off the most recent Avett Brothers album "I And Love And You". Love the way the tempo shifts in this one, slowly builds to a pretty rockin' tune at about the 3:42 mark.


"So Here We Are" - This track is off the Bloc Party album, "Silent Alarm". This is one of my favorite albums from the last ten years, really dig the whole thing. Another song that starts off fairly slow but picks up around the 2:50 mark. Love the drumming in this song (and really the entire album). Great workout album too if you're looking to change up some music at the gym.


"Hannah & Gabi" - From the Lemonheads album "It's A Shame About Ray".... classic album, always reminds me of high school. I'm a big fan of these guys and think this was the best album they've put out. H&G isn't my favorite song on the album but it's definitely a solid, chill tune.


"Christmas Song" - One of my favorite Dave Matthews songs since the first time I heard it. The Dave & Tim recordings are just great (and I loved the tours they did together). Pretty much a perfect version of this song, totally stripped down. If you don't have the "Live at Luther College" album, I'd highly recommend it.

No comments: