Monday, March 21, 2011

2011 So Far....

Seems to me that 2011 is off to a GREAT start with a bunch of great new bands on the scene. Here's some quick notes on the new bands I've been listening to, some of these I've featured in the SOTD but I've added some additional notes and clips.

TYPHOON



If you like Beirut, Arcade Fire, etc., I think you'll love these guys. They just finished some shows at SXSW and have some additional dates you can see on their tour page HERE. They have a 5 song EP out on Itunes called "A New Kind of House", highly recommend picking this up, amazing stuff. Really hope these guys make it out east soon, can't wait to see them live. Check out this awesome clip that NPR filmed in Austin last week....





CHAMBERLIN



A couple months back I was sent a link to check these guys out and was totally blown away. I ended up checking out three clips as that's all I could find but I thought they were excellent. The band just got off a tour opening for Grace Potter & The Nocturnals and has a bunch of other dates lined up which you can see HERE. From what I've heard, sounds like they'll be heading out east in May so I'm excited for that. You can pick up their album "Bitter Blood" on Itunes, just got released a couple weeks ago.

In the meantime, check out this tune.....






SCATTERED TREES



This album comes out in a couple of weeks but I was sent an advance copy and it's really solid. They've got a couple shows coming up in Kansas City and Chicago in April.






MIDDLE BROTHER



I've written about these guys a few times already this year, including the show I saw a couple weeks ago in Brooklyn. Lead singers from Deer Tick, Dawes and Delta Spirit make up Middle Brother. Their self-titled album is on Itunes and has some great songs on it. Here's one of the cuts....




Well, that's all I've got for now. Great start to the year, please send anything you're listening to my way. Thanks!



No comments: