Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2011 Newport Folk Festival Video

This is a great video recapping the 2011 Newport Folk Festival in Newport, RI. Last year was my first trip to the festival and I can say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Great music, great people and an amazing setting.

I love at about 19:40 of the video where they kick into the montage of various bands with Tegan & Sara's "Back In Your Head" playing in the background. So many great acts played last year.... Delta Spirit, Middle Brother, Dawes, Trampled By Turtles, The Head & The Heart, Elvis Costello, Gogol Bordello, Emmylou Harris, Freelance Whales, Justin Townes Earle... and the list goes on and on.

I think Pete Seeger sums it up best at the end of the video when he says the following, "If there is a human race still here in 100 years, I think it will be thanks to music."

Newport Folk Festival ~ 2011 from sopa productions on Vimeo.

No comments: