Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Matthew Good - Joe's Pub

Tonight I'll be meeting up with a couple old friends to see one of our favorite musicians, Matthew Good. He doesn't get down to NYC too often but when he does, we always seem to get the same crew together to go see him perform. Really looking forward to this one.

Matt recently posted the following on his Facebook page...

May 10, 2013 - 2

Been finishing an acoustic reworking of Truffle Pigs. I wrote and recorded it in a ridiculous open tuning that's hampered me from performing it. In fact, to my knowledge, I don't think it's ever been performed live. So NYC next week may be the first time. Then again, if I did do it the old way during an acoustic performance in the past I may have been well into the rum and just don't remember.



This is one of my favorite Matthew Good songs so I really hope we get the chance to hear it live. If you're not familiar with it, below is the studio version.



No comments: