Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Subway Shuffle: 9/14/10



SUBWAY SHUFFLE 9/14/10

Track #1: Pearl Jam: "Unthought Known"
Track #2: Kings of Leon: "Use Somebody"
Track #3: Empire of the Sun: "Walking on a Dream"
Track #4: Arcade Fire: "Half Light I"
Track #5: The Black Keys: "Never Gonna Give You Up"

After a long workday I hit a great group of songs on the way home.......

"Unthought Known" - My favorite song off Pearl Jam's latest album "Backspacer", judging by the live shows I caught this one has quickly become a fan favorite.

"Dream the dreams of other men, you'll be no one's rival".......


"Use Somebody" - Everybody knows this song (at least I think), heard it pretty much everywhere over the last year. Still love it though, one of those songs I never change once it comes on.


"Walking on a Dream" - Dig this band, Empire of the Sun. This song always reminds me of my last job where we'd play these guys almost daily. Cool music, bet they'd put on a fun show.


"Half Light I" - Chill song from Arcade Fire, off their most current album "The Suburbs". Not my favorite tune on the album but it's such a good record that there's not much I can't enjoy. Like the part at 2:11 where it really kicks in.


"Never Gonna Give You Up" - I wrote a bit about this song a little while back HERE. Definitely one of my favorite tunes off the most recent Black Keys album, "Brothers".

No comments: