Monday, September 20, 2010

Subway Shuffle: 9/20/10



SUBWAY SHUFFLE 9/20/10

Track #1: City & Colour: "Sleeping Sickness"
Track #2: Sean Bones: "Sugar In My Spoon"
Track #3: Pearl Jam: "Footsteps"
Track #4: Justin Townes Earle: "Midnight At The Movies"
Track #5: Phoenix: "Girlfriend"

A bit all over the place with this mix but some great songs in here (and a few you might not know).......

"Sleeping Sickness" - The first time I saw City & Colour was actually by accident, I caught him (Dallas Green) opening for Tegan & Sara at Terminal 5 and he caught my ear. This is one of my favorite songs off the album "Bring Me Your Love" and also features Gordon Downie of The Tragically Hip.


"Sugar In My Spoon" - I don't even know where I first heard Sean Bones but I really dig his album "Rings". This song is a lot of fun, great summer/drinking tune.


"Footsteps" - Easily one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs. Even though it's considered a rarity, I've been lucky enough to catch it a handful of times in concert. Intense lyrically and musically.


"Midnight at the Movies" - I discovered Justin Townes Earle about a year ago and have been listening ever since. He just finished a great Daytrotter session and this is without a doubt one of my favorite songs by him (found this cool live version).


"Girlfriend" - One of many great songs off the Phoenix album, "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix". If you don't have this album, definitely pick it up..... really good from start to finish.

Alright everybody, have a great night.

No comments: