Friday, November 7, 2008

Album Recommendation: Bloc Party, "Intimacy"

I wanted to recommend something that came out this week but there's nothing that jumped out at me (Kind of disappointed in the Travis album and the QTip album is only okay).  

Anyways, I'm going back to an album from last week....Bloc Party's "Intimacy".  I was hesitant to pick this album up since I didn't love their last one (even though I LOVE their first album, "Silent Alarm").    Much to my surprise, I actually think this album is way better than their last, I've been listening to it all week.  

I think the biggest problem is that they picked the wrong song to promote the album.  The "single" is track 2, "Mercury", which I think is one of the worst songs on the album.  It's kind of interesting because it seems to get stronger and stronger as the cd goes on.   There's several songs that fit the mold of the first album and I think they could have released any of them and had more success.  

The two standout songs in my opinion are:  Track 4 "Biko" and Track 11 "Ion Square"......both are GREAT.  I'm also liking Track 10 "Better Than Heaven" and Track 13 "Your Visits Are Getting Shorter".  

I think this is the perfect album for a drive or to put on a workout mix.  Get past the first couple tracks and it's really solid.

Here's "BIKO"


1 comment:

Steph said...

I like this one. I just did some purchasing at iTunes. :)