Monday, November 10, 2008

SOTD: "Nutshell (Unplugged)" - Alice In Chains

I really wish I could have seen these guys at least once, and this would have been the performance to see. My favorite AIC song from one of my favorite TV shows ever. Seriously, what happened to "MTV Unplugged"?.....such a great show, so many memorable performances.

There's really a lot to love about this video:

- First off, the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is just a BEAUTIFUL theater. I got to see the Dave Matthews Band tape their VH1 Storytellers there a few years back and it's just about a perfect place to see a show. Relatively small, great acoustics and just a very classy place. GREAT venue.

- I love the intro to this song. I believe that's Jerry Cantrell kicking off the song solo and it's really cool how all the band members file in one by one, with Layne coming out last and pretty much going right into the song.

- Layne's voice is amazing, I mean it's just really unique. He's one of those guys that you heard back in the day and you just knew it was an Alice In Chains song. He really had a special talent, left us way too early.

They seriously need to bring this show back, we can cancel "The Hills", sound good?

1 comment:

Susie Cubicle said...

right on...such a great show. they can cancel paris hilton, too, if they need room on the schedule to bring it back.