Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In The Rearview Mirror: Guster & Pat McGee Band - 11/18/98

Today is the 10 year anniversary of a show I saw back in my college days at Villanova, 11/18/98. Guster and the Pat McGee Band played a co-headlining show on campus in the Villanova Room, which is basically a large conference room with a stage on the far wall. I honestly can't remember too much specifically about this concert but I was just digging through some ticket stubs recently and realized that it's been ten years since this show. ( One thing you'll find reading this blog is that I have seen about 300 concerts and I've saved most of my ticket stubs so I often go back and just sort through them. As you can probably imagine, there's some cool stuff in there).

Guster was almost like the Villanova University house band during my four years there. They used to play at least once a year and usually plays that were fairly intimate so it was a good chance to see these guys. They were always real accessible after shows too, often hanging around to talk with the students and fans, I always appreciated that. Since graduation, I've gotten to see the a couple other times and they seem to have carved out a pretty good following. I believe they're currently working on their new album and have some tour dates lined up for the Spring.

I haven't listened to the Pat McGee Band in years but I really liked a couple of their songs. I'm not even sure if they're still recording but I think they still tour. I remember that they put on a pretty good show in that small setting.

Here's a couple highlight songs from each band:

GUSTER - "AMSTERDAM"




PAT MCGEE BAND - "REBECCA"




TICKET STUB FROM THE SHOW (Not in great condition, but still breathing)

Photobucket

No comments: