Friday, December 5, 2008

SOTD: "Million Miles Away" - Goo Goo Dolls

Back in 1991, I was a freshman in high school and just starting to really get into music. One day after school I was standing on the soccer field with a bunch of friends when my buddy Dan asked, "Do you know that there's a band called the Goo Goo Dolls?"

I had never heard of them and based on the terrible band name I thought he made that up. Sure enough the next day Dan brought in a copy of "Superstar Car Wash" for me to borrow. I'd say that I've probably listened to that album about a thousand times, it was a staple for me through school.

What many people don't know is that the Goo Goo Dolls had a much different sound from what you'll hear from them today, a lot of their stuff had a real edge to it. Here's a pretty good example, you probably wouldn't even know this is the same band.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if my first comment for this went through.

Buuutt


Thanks for sharing! This song was a far cry from Iris one of my first memories of the goo goo dolls