Monday, December 29, 2008

Top 10 Songs of 2008

Here are my favorite songs from the year, some tough decisions but here you go.....

10. "Say Aha" - Santogold

"It's alright, cuz everything they say
Doesn't make no sense
It's that time
I'm picking up my ass"




9. "Strange Times" - The Black Keys

"Sadie, dry your tears
I will be the one
to pull you through the mere
before you come, before you come undone

Strange Times
Are Here "




8. "M79" - Vampire Weekend

"It's going to take a little time
While you're waiting like a factory line
I'll ride across the park
Backseat on the 79

Wasted days you've come to pass"




7. "Stop" - Ryan Adams

"Slow down
You don't have to talk
Lie down
Breathe
Stop
Slow down
It's not your fault
Look around
There's so many of us
So many of us
You are not alone Ever Ever Ever

Stop"




6. "Lump Sum" - Bon Iver

"Fit it all, fit it in the doldrums

(Or so the story goes)

Color the era

Film it's historical"




5. "Smokin' From Shootin"- My Morning Jacket

"Do you live your life on the road?
Yeah losing that I'm loving
Asking for nothing
Runnin' from something that isn't there, oh"




4. "Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon

"I've been roaming around
i was looking down at all i see
painting faces, building places i can't reach

you know that i could use somebody
you know that i could use somebody
someone like you"




3. "Kids" - MGMT

"Control yourself
Take only what you need from it"




2. "Cath" - Death Cab For Cutie

"And soon everybody will ask
What became of you
'Cause your heart was dying fast
And you didn't know what to do"




1. "Cold Desert" - Kings of Leon

"I've never ever cried when i was feeling down
I've always been scared of the sound
Jesus don't love me, no one ever carried my load
I'm too young to feel this old"

No comments: