Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Doubt & Paramore 2009 Tour



I read this article on Billboard last night that Paramore will be opening for No Doubt on their 2009 tour. A few thoughts on this:

- I'd like to see No Doubt sometime, used to really like their stuff in high school but haven't listened to them much in recent years. There's rumors that they may be at Coachella, guess we'll see.

- I saw Paramore a couple times this past summer when I was touring with John, I wrote about it a bit here. I'm not a diehard fan of the band but I do like some of their material and I was really impressed with their performances. After spending some time with the group and their crew on the tour, I have to say that I'm pretty psyched for them, hope this gig helps give them some more exposure.

- I'll be interested to see what types of venues they play. Is No Doubt big enough to play Arenas? I guess we'll see.......

4 comments:

Susi said...

very cool news - I saw No Doubt about 10 years ago in the tiny venue, and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. Looking forward to their next album

Tremags said...

Thanks for the feedback Susi. How big was the venue?

Susi said...

about 900 people in the audience...ok it wasnt the smallest venue, but in comparison to all those arena shows now (I assume they will do arenas) it was really small. I remember that I was in the mosh pit and completely wet afterwards (it was in July). I bet they wont tour in Europe until 2010, so you can consider yourself lucky to see them with Paramore!

Anonymous said...

No Doubt are STUNNING live, honestly that girl just don't stop once she's on that stage - she gives EVERYTHING! I've spent most of Gwen's solo career going "but where are the SONGS?!" - I've found most of it fairly irritating actually, so I'm thrilled to hear this. I saw No Doubt in a hall. Can't remember the name of the venue but it was FAR too small.

Paramore are wicked. Hayley's voice is magical. They're really starting to gain momentum over here too (New Zealand) if I could combine their live album and studio album sales, they'd be in our Top 10. If I could add the Twilight soundtrack to all that (which I'm SURE is largely about Paramore.. and Muse) then they'd be number 1 for sure!