Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friday Night Part II - Bulgarian Bar

Last Friday night, after the Beirut show in Brooklyn, my buddy JayT and I decided to make a trip to Mehanata - The Bulgarian Bar. Word was that Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello was going to be DJing so we figured we'd check out the scene. Needless to say we had a great time, really a fun place with people dancing everywhere.

We spotted Eugene downstairs before he started his set and I said hello and introduced myself. I was pretty pumped last week to find out that someone had passed on my review of their documentary which he then posted to his Twitter account. I thanked him and when I explained that I was the guy that wrote the review, he was certainly appreciative and we shared a couple good laughs. Reason #1,254 why it's great to live in New York City.

No comments: