Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Favorites

I thought I'd throw a list together of some favorites from this past year. We had some great new music released and even though I wasn't able to get out and see as much as I'd normally like, there were most certainly some highlights. Here's a list of some of those that stick out in my mind from 2009.....

10 Favorite Albums

1. Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - "Summer of Fear"
2. Matthew Good - "Vancouver"
3. Phoenix - "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix"
4. We Were Promised Jetpacks - "These Four Walls"
5. Pearl Jam - "Backspacer"
6. Dawes - "North Hills"
7. Avett Brothers - "I and Love and You"
8. Deer Tick - "Born on Flag Day"
9. Dan Auerbach - "Keep It Hid"
10. Drummer - "Feel Good Together"


5 Favorite Concert Experiences

1. Dark Was The Night at Radio City Music Hall
2. A Birthday Party at the Music Hall Of Williamsburg
3. Frightened Rabbit at Le Poisson Rouge
4. Beirut at BAM
5. Pearl Jam at The Spectrum: Special note about these shows...... they'd probably be higher on my list but I was sick as a dog for both of these and barely made it through. Two excellent shows over Halloween weekend to close down the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Awesome setlists both nights, great shows for hardcore fans.


Favorite Project: 30 In 60 Mix


Favorite Concert Road Trip: Stone Temple Pilots @ Mohegan Sun


AND.....


Favorite Musician Introduction: Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello

Here's to an even better year in 2010!

No comments: