Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Album Recommendation: Matthew Good, "Live At Massey Hall"

This week's album recommendation comes from Canadian singer-songwriter Matthew Good. "Live At Massey Hall" was recorded during Matt's 2008 tour and was released yesterday on Itunes. I have to say that Matthew Good is one of the few artists that still makes me run to the computer when I hear that he's got something new out, I think he's an amazing songwriter.

I've gotten to see him twice, years ago with a full band and earlier this year at a solo show. Unfortunately he doesn't come to the States much so it's tough to catch him unless you take a trip up north. Judging from this cd, any trip would have been well worth it. Highlights for me are "Champions of Nothing", "Blue Skies Over Badlands", "She's In It For the Money" and "Strange Days".

I don't think you can go wrong with any of Matt's stuff, but to get a live double-disc is a real treat. Go out and grab this one.

http://www.matthewgood.org/

PT

No comments: