Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SOTD: "Oh My God, Whatever, etc." - Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams is someone I'll probably bring up multiple times in this blog, he's one of my favorite artists. I think he's one of the best songwriters of our generation and I'm constantly amazed at the amount of music he puts out. I think this is a great clip because one thing about Ryan is that you never know what you're going to get, the guy is full of surprises. I've seen him numerous times and each show has had a completely different vibe......not to mention his albums cross over many different themes and styles.

This track is one of my favorites from his last album, "Easy Tiger"......enjoy.

3 comments:

ExoticMoonflower said...

I thought the beginning was hysterical. It's a sound I think needs to grow on ya. I did enjoy the video.I think I'm going to go watch it again.

Joc said...

Um, where is my RA mix cd??

scorgs said...

Agreed on the "one of the best songwriters of our generation" statement. Ryan Adams is a shapeshifter. One minute he's channeling Dylan, the next minute Springstein...

Check out "I taught myself how to grow old" and tell me he doesn't sound like Neil Young?