Monday, October 20, 2008

Pearl Jam - Vote For Change Tour DVD

Anyone ever been to Toledo, Ohio? Four years ago, my favorite band Pearl Jam traveled out on the United States for the Vote For Change Tour. They hit several cities, including Reading, PA, Grand Rapids, MI and Toledo, OH. I ended up driving out with my buddies Benson, Chuck, Melloy, Andy and JR. The six of us hit the road and high-tailed it out to Toledo like it was the last show we would ever see.

The Toledo Sports Arena was unlike any venue I had seen in years. Run down, narrow hallways, fold-up wooden chairs on the floor.....a pretty surreal sight, felt like we hit the "way back machine". Lucky for us we were in great company and were going to have a great night one way or another.....with one of the best bands in the world and for a great cause. Rumors were swirling that Neil Young was in the house and sure enough he showed up during the encore.......one of the best setlists in years......

Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Save You, American In Me, Cropduster, I Am Mine, Wishlist, Better Man, I Believe In Miracles, Even Flow, Bleed For Me, Alive

Encore 1 acoustic Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Black, Harvest Moon

Encore 2 All Along The Watchtower, Act Of Love, Cortez The Killer, Rockin' In The Free World

Not a lot of shows you'll see Uncle Neil and Pearl Jam on the same stage for various songs but we were lucky enough to get one. Not the best city or best venue, but I've never been in better company and it's a memory I'll have forever.

The idea of the tour was a "Vote For Change".......4 years too late?....maybe. Anyways, get out there and vote.....one way or another, your vote counts. Please check out this video and I'll be following up with the dvd info.

No comments: